babies

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 26

The most Amazing Feeling


Okay lets start out by saying my little one is a total 'Mamma's Boy' right now. He will still go to other people but he doesn't like it at first. Yesterday after a long day of shopping we lost Masen's Binky and he would not take any of the other ones that we had. He defiantly prefers the Gum Drop Pacifier. Thankful a Sister in our ward who lives close by happened to have an extra unopened one that I could buy from her. So I quickly ran over to her house and got the Binky so Masen would be able to sleep that night. When I got home he was half asleep on Auntie Morgan's lap, and when he heard my voice he started to get fussy. We gave him his new Binky but that was not what he wanted. I let Morgan still hold him for a bit, but he just would stop fussing (he wasn't crying, just fussy... he doesn't cry much.). So I went over and rubbed his little head and told him that he was okay but that just made it worse, so I took him from Morgan and almost immediately he stopped fussing and was perfectly calm and content just sitting there in my arms. I felt so loved and so happy that I just wanted to cry. (I didn't actually cry till I told the story to John) Masen knew exactly who I was and, it was just so amazing to know that I am that needed and that just by hearing my voice or by feeling my touch he knows that everything is okay. I don't know how to really describe what I felt or how I still feel but to say that Motherhood is such an amazing remarkable thing, and anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to experience such a thing is missing out and I hope that they get the opportunity to do such soon.